Thursday, August 10, 2006

My Gym is Closing!

When I learned that the Leach Center would be closed for the next two weeks, I was crushed. What was I to do; two weeks without a gym workout, how was I to thrive?

See, the Leach Center is the student gym at Florida State University, and being the exercise nut that I am, I wasn’t quite sure what to do.

But than I realized, about 3 or 4 months prior to my present upset, I participated in a 5k race, and came in 2nd (out of the girls participating) with a time of 20:03 (meaning 20mins and 3seconds). For my placement, I received one Free Cici’s Pizza Dinner (that I still have yet to use), and a 3 months membership to Women’s World.

Women’s World was the ticket to my gym crisis. I figured, I would go and they would have exercise classes and maybe some dumbbells. That would do for the next two weeks. To my surprise, though, it was a ‘fully-loaded’ gym; I really love this place. Not only do they offer classes and dumbbells, but also they have treadmills, elliptical machines, bikes, and a few other cardio machines; they have a sauna, a tanning bed, the typical exercise machines and so much more.

I didn’t think things could get better than the Leach, but Women’s World may have just done it for me. Although, I don’t think I will renew at the end of my 3 month period, due to the student gym, after school, I will need to have a gym membership somewhere. And wherever my life may ‘run’, I hope it has a Women’s World Gym.Kristina

I enjoy working out and being physically fit -- and that translates to not only being physically healthier but I also receive the benefits of a better attitude and mental alacrity in all aspects of my life: my sports, my education and my work here at uscity.net.