Friday, October 17, 2008

Kristina Launches Psycho-T


Hello, My name is Kristina Mangiafico. I graduated from Florida State University with a degree in Exercise Science with the intention of attending medical school within the following 2 years. I worked as a medical assistant for a while and enjoyed helping others. I enjoyed educating patients about their medications and maintaining good health. It was a fantastic experience, and although I could have seen myself doing it as my career… the stresses, the paperwork, and all the time that a doctor has to put in and give up just is not for me! I realized I can do great things, but as far as medical school, it’s not for me.

Post graduation, I found myself confused and unsure of anything in my life. I had no idea what I wanted to do, and moved, it seemed every two to three months. I moved to New Smyrna Beach then Tallahassee back to New Smyrna and now I reside in Tampa.

While transitioning I did some reminiscing on the things I loved and made me happy. For so long, I had suppressed my creative side; I had forgotten how much I enjoyed art, photography, design, and everything that is so innately me. When caught up in studies and work, you can forget about the things that are most important in your life.

Working for USCity.net has given me the flexibility that I needed after college. Due to my ability to set my own hours, I was able to also step back and look at where I want to go with my life.

USCity.net has inspired me to pursue new avenues… avenues that I always dreamt of but never thought possible for a small-town girl like me.

I recently started designing and making clothing. I am now on the web with my website psychot.samsbiz.com and am hoping that something comes of that. If not, at least I gave it a go doing what I love. I design hand-made inkblot inspired images on t-shirts that available for purchase as well as made to order. I have a passion for creativity and I only want to take my concepts and designs to the next level.
Some of my other designs